Industrial & Manufacturing Equipment
In industrial and manufacturing settings, vibration isolation becomes essential for the well-being of the workers and the equipment they work on day after day.
When vibrations are reduced, isolated, or controlled in industrial and manufacturing machinery the following benefits can be achieved:
- Protection for sensitive machinery and parts to reduce wear and tear
- Reduced machine sound, to protect workers
- Ability to keep heavy machinery that produces excessive vibration to stay in place
- Minimize vibrations that may interfere with the quality of the manufactured product
Sorbothane® Vibration Isolation Solutions
Vibration in industrial machinery often originates from imbalances inherent to motors, gearboxes, and other turning components. The viscoelastic properties of Sorbothane in the form of vibration isolation pads, rings, discs, or other custom designed shapes and sizes counteract to isolate the vibration source from the rest of the design or machine.
Vibration reducing systems, utilizing Sorbothane material, have been used in the following applications:
- Vibration isolation floor mats made with Sorbothane to absorb the vibration not only from the machine itself but from adjoining machines
- Anti-vibration pads made of Sorbothane help absorb excessive noise on the production floor when placed under the machines
- “Protective wear” in the form of Sorbothane vibration dampening gloves protect workers from injuries like “white finger syndrome”
- Sorbothane bumper systems protect products at end-of-line packaging stations
Sorbothane material makes it ideal for vibration isolation solutions. It is a shock absorbing material that is versatile and long-lasting, recovering fully for recurring cycles.
Sorbothane Extends Equipment Life
Equipment that utilizes Sorbothane for industrial and production machinery allows the machine to perform more efficiently while producing consistent results or products. But that’s not all.
Sorbothane’s ability to isolate vibration also extends the life of valuable industrial and manufacturing equipment. It's a reliable material that can accept repeated compression and quickly recover to protect machine parts from the unavoidable wear and tear that occurs during operation.
From the list of the many products that are already offered in our standard products guide to the unique, one of a kind parts that you custom order for your own needs, the viscoelastic properties of Sorbothane is a viable solution for vibration isolation in industrial and manufacturing equipment.
Discover real-world applications of Sorbothane custom solutions for industrial and manufacturing equipment in our Engineering Solutions Showcase.